In late 2003 I teamed up with technical guy where we created, developed and delivered FanWise, a web technology platform which powered all areas of a football clubs official website.
FanWise brought the below components together into a single fully integrated platform allowing clubs to generate a greater income from its fan base.
1. Multi-merchant, multi-currency shopping basket.
2. Loyalty framework.
3. Micro-payments engine.
4. Customer registry with subscription management.
5. Fan messaging platform.
6. A content management system.
7. Mobile services including mobile video, SMS, wallpapers and ringtone.
8. Classifieds & directory incorporating multi-image upload.
In addition to core commercial proposition the company also developed and delivered a stand alone fully transactional multiple merchant online football shop.
The company adopted the Fan Is King motto and focus during commercial and technical development.
My role as CEO of the company involved:
- Provided the start up capital required.
- Conceptually develop the commercial objectives.
- Contribute to the design requirements of the technology.
- Recruitment of staff and a share in the management of the design teams.
- Development clubs, associations and partner relationships.
- Carry out financial and accounting processes of the business.
Through market demand in 2008 this business and technology platform evolved into Shop.co.uk.